The Evergreen Downtown Business Association has come up with several popular activities that attract kids and parents, but Breakfast with Santa is always a favorite each year.
With pancakes being served at the Lake House, parents and grandparents enjoy the quick 45-minute shifts – just enough time to gobble down the gooey stuff and tell Santa the latest additions to the Wish List.
Santa and Mrs. Claus have become regulars in Evergreen, and every once in awhile they even get recognized in King Soopers when an astute youngster gives Erik Listou a second glance, thinking he recognizes that twinkle in the eye and the long white beard.
This year's Breakfast with Santa (and the Missus) was held on Saturday, November 30th, right after Thanksgiving. It was a sell-out, with 250 reservations and some showing up at the door.
Come enhance the health and wellness of you and your family with free admission at the 1st Annual Mountain Health & Wellness Fair at THE PLACE, 2788 Meadow Drive, Evergreen, CO 80439, on Saturday, December 7, 2013 from 9:30 am - 2:00 pm! Meet and talk with local Health, Wellness and Holistic Arts Professionals committed to improving and enhancing your well-being. Experience first hand the best healthcare practitioners in the foothills.
Receive free gifts, gift certificates, prizes, health products and special Health Care Packages from Health and Wellness Practitioners as you discover ways to enrich and maintain your health.
Experience FREE and special priced mini-sessions and screenings including: Postural Analysis, Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field Therapy (PEMF), Reiki, Qigong, Acupuncture, Chair+Table Massage, Rolfing, Blood draw/analysis and much more!
Play “Health Fair Bingo” for a chance to Win Thrilling Raffle Prizes.
- Consultations/free health services
- Gift Certificates/ Cards
- Nutritional products
- Lift tickets
- Animal products/snacks/gift baskets
- Free Memberships: Yoga, Martial Arts, Rec Centers, Fitness Centers
- and much more!
There’s a saying Dave Graham likes.
“You should blossom where you’re planted.”
Certainly the longtime Evergreen resident has blossomed in the stubborn Colorado soil that’s nurtured his family for generations.
“My grandfather came from Ireland on a merchant marine ship, and my grandmother came to Colorado in a covered wagon.”
The third of four children, Graham was raised in Denver. The son of a general contractor, he knew his way around a construction site almost as soon as he could walk. But if the family business put bread on the table, the restless boy aspired to more fertile fields.
“I was young and aggressive,” shrugs Graham, with an almost apologetic grin. That said, it can be remarkably difficult to get Graham to engage in even the mildest sort of self-promotion.
“I’m my least favorite subject,” he says, deadpan and dead serious.
- December at Center Stage – Down Home Holiday by Children's Chorale, a Christmas Carol by the Players, Holiday Fantasy by the Evergreen Chorale, and Baroque Folke.
- Colorado Gives Day - Dec 10
- Former Senator Gary Hart to speak on Homeland Security - Dec. 7
- The Downtown Holiday Walk, including festivities at the Hiwan Homestead - Dec. 6
- Christmas Tea at the Hiwan Homestead - Dec. 16
- Uniquely beautiful Evergreen Angels ease hearts, benefit hospice
- Thanksgiving and Hanukkah on same day, a true rarity
- Sheriff's Office seeks re-accreditation, comments invited
- Drop and Shop – Dec. 14th