Life Care Center of Evergreen is 1 of 80 sites in Colorado to hold weekly Memories in the Making watercolor classes. With care and compassion, specially trained facilitators lead participants through the creative process using watercolors. A jury of professional artists selects pieces for the annual Alzheimer’s Art Auction held in four regional office locations: Denver, Ft. Collins, Pueblo and Colorado Springs.
This year more than 7,000 pieces were submitted to be juried. That means at least 7,112 hours people with memory loss were socializing with others, actively stimulating their brains and sometimes revisiting places, people, pets and special interests that mattered to them.
Could it be? Is it true? Rumor has it that Morse Evergreen Auto Body is in the pot business. Not exactly medical marijuana and not quite recreational pot, but the photo herein captured owner Tony Perry knee deep in pot, perhaps even thigh-high!.
Morse Evergreen Auto Body has been known to get involved in a number of community projects, some more unusual than others. The long-time Evergreen body shop has helped with refurbishing the VW buses and cars that have been raffled off each year by the Evergreen Recreation and Park Foundation each fall. They're always repainting something or other, it seems for a worthy cause in Evergreen or Conifer.
In the late 1970s – about the time the Robertsons were considering where to retire – they were visiting in Los Angeles and met some people who were moving to Evergreen, giving them a reason to make a stop here on a later trip. By 1978 Sylvia and Bob Robertson were calling this home.
Sylvia hailed from Topeka but had pursued a career in teaching elementary school – mostly third grade – in Ft. Lauderdale, Cape Cod, and Dayton where Bob had been stationed in the Air Force. She continued teaching as a substitute throughout Jefferson County for another 15 years.
In years past, Sylvia and Bob traveled quite a bit, attending military conventions and viewing Civil War battlefields. She spoke with enthusiasm about the new brew pub planned for the Evergreen Conference Center, as visiting local brew pubs was always one of her favorite activities while traveling.
- Earth Day Fair marks 25 years - Apr 19
- Chorale presents "Chichester Psalms" - Apr 25, 27
- Elks Egg Hunt and Community Breakfast - Apr 19
- John Denver tribute benefits Alpine Rescue Team - Apr 25
- Stagecoach Park shelter ribbon cutting kicks off EPRD Park Community Days - Apr 27
- Underwater egg hunt at Buchanan Rec Ctr - Apr 18
- Attend Taste of Evergreen - May 2
- PLAN Jeffco celebrates 42 years of open space - May 8
- Evergreen Nature Center reopens for the season
- Artists have May 1st deadline for Open Door Studios tour
- ENN a wonderful way to get acquainted in Evergreen